LULULEMON TO OPEN AT TUNSGATE QUARTER GUILDFORD
Friday 1st December 2017
- Queensberry adds Lululemon to the exciting line-up
- OKA, Loaf and The Ivy are due to start fitting out in the coming weeks
Tunsgate Quarter, the new 80,000 sq ft retail and restaurant development in the heart of Guildford town centre, has signer Lululemon to further strengthen the appeal of the new eye-catching shopping destination.
Lululemon joins the existing line-up which includes Loaf, OKA, The White Company, Cath Kidston, Bobbi Brown and the Ivy Collection who will start fitting-out in the coming weeks.
Lululemon is a women's and men's technical athletic apparel company, founded in Vancouver, Canada in 1998. As the brand defining an active, mindful lifestyle, Lululemon is focused on creating design-led products that empower people to live a life they love. Designed for and with athletes, products blend function and fashion, using innovative, high-performance fabrics to support yoga, running, training and most other sweaty pursuits.
Founded on a community-led model, Lululemon builds authentic relationships with guests through its stores and network of local ambassadors, creating holistic experiences which transcend its products. The new 1,815 sq ft store will be a space fo rthe local community to shop, stretch and sweat; transforming into a studio space each week, guests will be invited to join complimentary yoga and fitness classes led by local trainers.
Chris Daly, Senior Leasing Manager at Queensberry said:
This latest announcement demonstrates the consistent quality of the exciting line-up we're creating at Tunsgate Quarter. Lululemon is very much in line with the unique retail and leisure destination we're creating in Guildford. The community is at the heart of this scheme and we know Lululemon will appeal to Guildford's local and wider catchment."
When complete, the new-look Tunsgate Quarter will feature 18 shops and 8 restaurants. Queensberry's vision is to create an expanded leisure hub, embracing independent retailers adjacent to the scheme, as well as adding to the choice from the High Street and offer spectacular views across Guildford Castle and gardens. The scheme will have a striking new atrium at its heart. Lyons + Sleeman + Hoare is the architects for Tunsgate Quarter, and the agents are Bruce Gillingham Pollard and Cushman & Wakefield. ISG PLC is the contractor for the scheme.
For further information contact
Victoria Holloway, Corporate Marketing Director of Queensberry
On 020 7408 0200/ 07764 308 062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Hannah Channing, Account Director at Coverdale Barclay
on 020 7434 1780 or email email@example.com
Queensberry is a progressive property company, specialising in the development and investment of commercial assets. Our expertise is in mised-use regeneration schemes in towns and cities across the UK with a focus on retail and leisure destinations. We are currently developing 2 million sq ft across 9 projects and we have over £200 milllion investments under management. Our places stretch from London to Sheffield and Manchester to Newport. We work with private and public sector partners across our varied, award-winning portfolio.
Founded in 2011 by Paul Saregnt, Stuart Harris and Jon Munce, Queensberry has flourished into a force in the market. Boasting a growing team of dynamic individuals, all of whom are experts in their fields, Queensberry is focussed on delivering high quality bespoke destinations.
About Tunsgate Quarter
- Tunsgate Quarter is an 80,000 sq ft retail and leisure space, going through a comprehensive redevelopment to attract new retailers, restaurants and cafe operators.
- Queensberry's vision is to create a thriving and stylish shopping and dining quarter, home to a range of premium lifestyle and restaurant brands, in the heartof Guildford's historic town centre.
- Tunsgate Quarter will comprise 26 units in total, 18 retail units and 8 restaurants.
- The scheme will be anchored by OKA and The Ivy Collection, setting the tone for a selection of premium retail and leisure brands in a sophisticated and stylish hub within Guildford's town centre.
Brands Confirmed for Tunsgate Quarter
- OKA - 11,000 sq ft
- The Ivy Collection - 8,500 sq ft
- The White Company - 5,000 sq ft
- Loaf - 5,800 sq ft
- Bobbi Brown - 650 sq ft
- Cath Kidston - 1,770 sq ft
Queensberry's Facts & Figures
Establish 6 years ago, the firm's portfolio include sover £1 billion worth of schemes across the UK.
Current Development Projects Include:
- Sheffield Retal Quarter, Sheffield: The £480 million mixed-use urban regenration scheme comprising 900,000 sq ft in the city centre for Sheffield City Council.
- The Glass Works, Barnsley: The 500,000 sq ft retail-led city center scheme for Banrsley Metropolitan Borough Council.
- Tunsgate Quarter, Guildford: An 80,000 sq ft retail and leisure scheme in Guildford for Merseyside Pension Fund.
- Angel Central, London: A 150,000 sq fturban regeneration scheme in Islington, London for CBRE GI.
- Fulham Broadway, London: Appointed by CBRE GI to advise on the redevelopment of 200,000 sq ft shceme by London Underground Tube Station.
- Broadway Bradford, (Phase 2), Bradford: Advising on the 40,000 sq ft leisure developments for Meyer Bergman.
Recently Completed Landmark Schemes Include:
- Friars Walk, Newport: aA 390,000 sq ft leisure and shopping destination in South Wales.
- The Corn Exchange, Manchester: A new leisure destination spanning 220,000 sq ft in the city centre for Aviva Investors comprising of 17 restaurants and 120 bedroom hotel.
Assets Under Management Include:
- The Metquarter, Liverpool: A joint venture with Bywater Properties to reposition the 129,102 sq ft scheme as a premium dining and retail destination.
- The Kingsway Centre, Newport: Sitting directly adjacent to Friars Walk the centre boasts 250,000 sq ft of affordable high street chains and independent retailers, and is jointly owned with Bywater Properties.